Discover What It Takes To Start A Venture
This program is designed for students interested in developing stronger entrepreneurial skills. By focusing on student ventures, we aim to train the next generation of innovators, dreamers, risk-takers, and entrepreneurs. Apply now to pitch your business idea.
This pitch competition will be held during the 1st Entrepreneurship Symposium which is part of a larger initiative to build an innovation center on the San Francisco State University campus.
To learn more about the symposium check out the main event page below.
What's at Stake?
To foster hands-on learning we offer 3 cash prizes:
- 1st place: $1,000
- 2nd place: $500
- 3rd place: $250
Pitch Application Criteria
- Our pitch competition is open to startups from all industries and at any stage in the startup cycle.
- The founder or co-founder has to be a San Francisco State University student.
To participate in the Innovation Pitch Competition please complete the online application form below no later than March 21, 2018.
Business Pitch Application Process
- Submit Application. - All applications are accepted through the website. Please complete and submit the short application form with the required fields. Additional fields are optional.
- Selection. Applications will close at 11:59pm on Wednesday March 21, 2018. A committee of seasoned entrepreneurs will review submissions.
- Top Three. Three finalists will be invited to pitch at the Entrepreneurship Symposium on Thursday April 5, 2018. There will be pitching workshops prior to the symposium teaching you how to sell your idea and your company on pitch events in front of investors and juries in an impressive way.
Eventbrite ticket fees are waived for the pitch participants. To participate as an audience please register through Eventbrite.
What is a Pitch Workshop about?
The top three finalists will go through series of trainings prior to the symposium. If you are selected you will:
- Get to know more investors
- Learn to sell your product and company in a more authentic and confident way
- Learn how to pitch your business idea and be more successful in your next funding round
- Stand out from the crowd and get your investors ‚on the hook‘
For additional information, please contact Timothy Anderson.