The Finance for Non-Financial Professionals program immerses you in a two-day introduction to financial management.
It's structured to provide you with a solid understanding of financial management fundamentals within your organization. You gain valuable knowledge on methods, performance, budgeting and profitability. Participants learn to recognize and avoid common financial management pitfalls to effectively influence financial decisions and become a more valuable and strategic leader within their team. Learn from dedicated professors with a lifetime of experience and engage with other professionals looking to advance their careers.
Dates and Times
- Friday & Saturday, October 27 & 28, 2017
- 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
San Francisco State University Downtown Campus
835 Market Street, 6th Floor
SF CA 94103
- General Admission: $495.00
- Current SFSU students, faculty, staff and alumni: $395.00
Breakfast, lunch, beverages and snacks are provided both days.
Who Should Attend
This program is intended for driven and enthusiastic individuals looking to gain effective finance and accounting skills in order to become better contributors.
- Learn basic financial management terminology and gain practical insights
- Understand how to read basic financial statements
- Avoid common financial management pitfalls and mistakes
- Understand basic spreadsheet analysis to support scenario analysis
- Learn how to be prepared for financial management surprises and setbacks that can derail your department or project
- Learn how to use financial management as an effective planning and scheduling tool
- Calculate time and costs accurately
- Why financial management?
- Basic terminology
- Common financial statements
- Basic financial ratios
- Budgeting process
- Project management process
- Common financial planning pitfalls
- Basic spreadsheet analysis
- Return on investment
- Scenario analyses